This course is aimed at the introductory level of education in Aromatherapy. Develop a basic understanding of the safe use of Aromatherapy oils and their production. It is suitable for those wishing to gain knowledge of using Aromatherapy in the home or for those working in a related discipline.
- To develop a basic understanding of the safe use of aromatherapy oils and their production.
- Describe the classification system used for naming plants and to be able to identify the family, genus and species names of plants used to produce essential oils.
- To define aromatherapy and its history and to understand how aromatherapy works, and the basic chemistry behind it.
- Identify a range of essential oils and their uses.
- Ensure that essential oils are used in a safe and controlled manner.
- Identify what can be used as a carrier for essential oils and why they must be used.
- Describe methods which can be used to grow, and harvest herbs used in essential oil production.
- Describe methods used to extract essential oils from plants.
- Identify herbs and oils acknowledged as hazardous to people, and which should not be used in aromatherapy, or with great care.
All this and much more is explained in detail and with practical tasks in the course.