OnlineDigital Illustration: Vector Illustration
Vector Illustration Course: You will learn vector-based illustration using Adobe Illustrator’s most essential tools. I will help you hone in on a whimsical illustration style. We’ll cover:
- Generating ideas. I will encourage you to go somewhere you are inspired by to collect imagery and resources.
- Reference sketching. We will compile your inspiration into reference sketches for your illustration.
- Blocking in your shapes in Illustrator. You will start your illustration by blocking in shapes and colors, suggesting the composition of your piece.
- Vector drawing. We will begin by drawing in your characters and working with the shapes.
- Layer and label organization. I will share with you best practices in organizing your layers and labels to maximize your workflow.
- Masking. I will show you how to use masks to make a complex illustration more manageable.
- Shading & volumizing. You will bring your sketch to life with sketching and volumizing teachniques.
You will Illustrate your favorite scene, and will finish the class with a final illustration piece created entirely in Adobe Illustrator. I will teach you how to develop a whimsical illustration out of real-life inspiration. You will develop your scene and characters using rendering techniques in Illustrator. By completing this project, you will walk through every tool necessary for an efficient and creative illustration process. This will hone in on your design skill, and you will notice a great improvement in your work.